Karen uses the Usui system of Reiki healing founded by Dr. Usui in 1922. When energy flows through our bodies we are in balance, which promotes good mental, physical and emotional health.
It is administered by the laying on of hands whilst being fully clothed laying on a therapy bed. It also works through plaster casts.
Some benefits of Reiki are that it;
- can reduce stress, pain and inflammation
- only ever works to your highest good
- supports all other forms of treatment including traditional medicine
- is not linked to any belief system
- treats all conditions including emotional imbalances
- can be used on children, pregnant women and animals
Reiki has been described as deeply relaxing and comforting, promoting a feeling of peace and a sense of wellbeing. Clients may or may not feel sensations during the treatment, some people feel heat or a tingling sensation or may visualise colours. It can enhance the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Some people have an emotional response which means that a positive shift is occurring within them.
There are no known contra-indications for Reiki (The Reiki Association).
For more information, please visit Karen’s Maya Wellbeing website